HELEN BERNSTEIN COMPLEX DRESS CODE:
The purpose of this dress code is to create a standard for all students that is both fair and appropriate and meets the test of reasonableness, changing tastes and styles, common sense and self-respect.
This dress code is applicable to all Helen Bernstein, APEX and STEM students.
Display of Proper Identification: Each Bernstein student will be issued identification (ID) badge with a picture and a lanyard indicating SLC of attendance. Students who lose their ID cards and lanyards will be charged $5.00 for a replacement.
- -Students are required to have their lanyard and school ID badge whenever they are on campus.
- -All or part of the lanyard and school ID badge must be visible at all times on the student whenever they are on campus.
- -Students are required to completely display their lanyard and school ID badge at the request of any member of Helen Bernstein Complex Staff regardless of SLC affiliation. Complex staff includes: administrators, faculty, law enforcement officers, school office employees, cafeteria workers and buildings and grounds support. The same respect will be afforded to visiting LAUSD staff.
- -School ID badges are required for admission to all school events. This policy will increase the security and safety of students and staff members while attending the school.
“Professional” School Dress Code: To create a safe learning community and a professionally appropriate educational environment, The Helen Bernstein Complex students will abide by the following “professional” school dress code.
- -All students shall be required to show proper attention to personal cleanliness, health, neatness, safety and suitability of clothing and appearance on campus and for school activities.
- -Any clothing which reduces the level of safety on campus is not allowed.
- -Clothing must not cause actual distraction from or disturbance in any school activity or actually interfere with the participation of a student in any school activity.
- -Consistent with the above guidelines, hair, sideburns, mustaches, and beards may be worn at any length or style.
- -Clothing may be of fashion, style or design as determined by the student and his/her parents in accordance with the prevailing standards of the community and times, subject to review by the Helen Bernstein Complex Administrators
Dragon Common Area Expectations
|CLASSROOMS||OFFICES||HALLWAYS/STAIRWELLS||CAFETERIA / QUAD||AUDITORIUM||LIBRARY||GYMNASIUM|
|– BE in seat on time
– Put away electronic devices
– Pen/ pencil, paper and book
-HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
– Respect the class rules
|-Use your inside voice
– Be patient
– Use good manners
|-Do not use profanity
– Stay along walls
-Walls stay clean ( no feet)
-Blue tape only
|– No ball games
-Throw away all trash and recycle-Spit gum into
|– Sit with your teacher
-Listen well ( ears , eyes and heart)-Follow exit instructions
|-Speak in a quiet / soft voice
-Research explore , study and work only
-Respect AUP (acceptable use policy)
|-No food or drink inside
-Supervised by a teacher when inside