Welcome to Helen Bernstein High School
Home of the Dragons
Why choose Bernstein?
Bernstein provides opportunities for students to nurture intellectual curiosity and success beyond high school. From our core values to curriculum standards and clubs, our school each aspect of Bernstein is educationally rich.
Our core curricular program is designed to ensure that each student meets the mandated A-G requirements for graduation. Our highly skilled veteran teaching staff is trained on differentiating instruction to accommodate a variety of learning modalities. Our teachers receive ongoing professional development on Common Core State Standards based teaching strategies ensuring instruction is rigorous, fun, and engaging.
- English: 4 years (taken every semester)
- History: 3 years
- Mathematics: 3 years (4th year recommended)
- Global Language: 2 years minimum
- Science: 2 years of lab science
- Arts: 1 year (see those departments for details)
- Physical Education: 2 years
- Our College and Career Center is staffed with a knowledgeable and compassionate College Counselor and College Ambassador. These staff members work tirelessly to ensure that each and every student is well informed about their post-high school options related to four year universities, colleges, junior colleges and careers. The College Center Staff is responsible for assisting in the facilitation of all aspects of the college search and admissions process, including the following:
- Educating students and parents about colleges and universities
- College admissions processes – Admissions trends
- Financial Aid procedures
- SAT & ACT testing
- Our staff meets with juniors and seniors individually as well as in groups to inform them about the guidelines, options, opportunities and deadlines associated with the college application process.
- Equipped with the newest state of the art television studio, Bernstein students create professional quality productions and are educated in many aspects of the movie & television industry. Our Digital Media department offers a wide variety of career technical education courses that cover:
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Video Editing & Production
- Advertising – Digital Marketing
- Digital Drawing & Imaging
- National Honor Society – Room 505
- Marching Band – Room C126
- Chess Club
- Burden (Skateboarding Club)
- Theater Club
- Glee Club
- Crochet Club
- LGBTQ+ Club
- BSU – Room A201
- Students Run LA –
- Girls and Boys Basketball
- Girls and Boys Volleyball
- Girls and Boys Soccer
- Flag Football (coming soon)
- Girls Softball
- Girls and Boys Track and Field
- Girls and Boys Cross Country
Helen Bernstein High School provides access to a rigorous, standards-based, and technology-infused curriculum to become career and college ready. Helen Bernstein High School encourages students to become critical thinkers, problem solvers, and resilient in their learning efforts.
Faculty and staff ensure state content standards are the foundation of a relevant and rigorous curriculum that incorporates technology across all content areas. Students, parents, faculty, and community partners work together to guide students toward social and academic excellence in an ever-changing global society.
Translate this page in your preferred language: