You should start preparing for college your freshman year. It’s called a “process” for a reason. Check out our tips and resources for being prepared and getting ahead
|Get good grades!!!!
- Make sure you seek out tutoring if you are having trouble in any subject.
- Talk to your counselor if you don’t pass a class so you can make it up the following semester or summer school..
- Ask About YPI’s free tutoring services!
|Create an Email Account
- Gmail or Yahoo!
- Make sure you create and appropriate username.
- Keep Track of your passwords.
- Check your email promptly!
- Seek for volunteer opportunities in School Clubs/Organizations, Community Organizations, or Church/Temple.
- Make sure you volunteer throughout your four years of high school.
|Extra Curricular Activities
- Get involved in Sports
- Student Organization
- Student Clubs
- Ask About YPI’s Summer Youth Program!
|Learn About Colleges
- Visit the College Center
- Sign up for the college campus field trips!
- Sign up for the college representative visits at Helen Bernstein!
- Go online to collegescorecard.com and learn about the dirfferent college sand univerities.
|Get to know your teachers!!!
- They are a great resource to you! (Letters of recommendation!)
- Ask them what university they went to.
- What they studied?
- How did they pay for school?
- What was their college experience like?